"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, August 30, 2010

Productive naptime anyone?!?

Good Monday to you!! I've been having some VERY productive scrapping time when Alivia naps these days. I just get my son (and my niece - when's she's there as well) into something crafty (like playdough, stamping, glitter glue, etc) and we both go to town! I made several (6 to be exact) pages on Saturday. I'm almost throught Alivia's pile of 1st year pics this point, and SHE. IS. VERY. HAPPY!! She loves looking through all of the scrapbooks. Now instead of saying "baby" when she sees a picture of herself, she says "Lulu" - IT'S SOOOOO CUTE!!!! I just can not tell you! She just LOVES all of our scrapbooks!! What can I say she's a girl after my own heart! So, today I'm just sharing a few of my faves from this past week. I'm trying to get more skilled with the layout of my posting...lets see how this goes:

This one I actually did last Thursday - it was based on last week's Studio Calico Sketch. Unfortunately, my life has been a little hectic since then with the kids and my mom's health issues, that didn't even get to submit it :( booo!!! I used Fancy Pants "My Family" (Red) letter stickers & paper. I've been dying to "dig in"to these papers for a while!! I also must say - my October Afternoon mini market letters, EK Success Scalloped Circle, and Martha Stewart Butterly punches are seriously on my top used items lately - LOVE THEM!!


So, here's one of my Saturday layouts. On Thursday, I got my 2Peas order in - YEAH!!!! So happy to see the mail man walk into my office - I can not tell you! One of the things I ordered was the Cosmo Cricket - "Togetherness" Papercrafting Kit. I also ordered the chipboard stickers - SIGH!! The pictures I used in this layout, are some of my absolute faves of my sweet little Alivia too which made it even sweeter!! I added a little twine with one of the chip pieces - and love how it came out!! I highly reccomend you go scoop up some "Togetherness"!!!


This last layout I almost didn't make. I really wanted to do it, but wasn't all too inspired at the time. Plus I have a semi-nude - but totally cute (!!) pic of my two sweeties below the main pic - notice the "Pull" tab. Anywho... I was flipping through this month's Scrapbooks Etc. mag - looking for inspiration - and decided I needed to give a technique a try!! I love how this looks. I took plain ol' kraft cardstock, and I used some letter stickers (I really like them, but they just don't stick too well - dont you HATE that?!?!?) I used Glimmer Mist and then peeled the letter stickers off (and then saved them - because I can definately re-use them!!) I also used Cosmo Cricket's "Snorkel" paper and chippies. I've had this set so long & have been dying to use it - glad I finally got to! P.S. DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT THOSE OA MINI MARKET STICKERS?!? I'm totally addicted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment