"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Before and After


Last night I did this page titled "The Before and the After". I used Bo Bunny's "Sophie Collection" and it's about my daughter's ear piercing. I've made quite a few projects with this collection. I think it's so fun and girly!! I love these pictures of my daughter!! I couldn't wait to get to them. They just make me smile. I guess because of the obvious distinction between the two pictures, and I really just cherish the fun we had that day! It's a great memory for me, taking my very own daughter to get her ears pierced. She really only cried for all of 1 minute, I swear ;). I also made a 2 page layout on the rest of our trip that year to Universal Studios, but I'm not so happy with how it turned out...so no showcasing it here.

One thing I've been learning while working on Alivia's 1st scrapbook, is that I cannot scrap every picture!! I can, but I'll never get to do anything else!! It's perfectly respectable to have beautiful scrapbooks full of eventful or beautiful pictures that you love and also a box of the ones that were not "great" pics., or you just didn't "feel" like scrapping. But I believe that scrapbooks are so important. To tell the story. To remember the moment with information, not just a photograph to look at years later. Ihat's all I have to look back on my childhood - boxes or bins of pics. I'm sure that's what MOST people have, but I #1 love the hobby and #2 I wholeheartedly believe that my children, their spouses, and their children will thank me later. Trust me, I always say I have scrappers ADD, I WANT to scrap all my pics and fill the page with embellishments!! I've really reigned myself in in the past year or two!! But I also want to make cards, mini books, and just play with my stash and different techniques... So, for right now, I'm scrapping a majority of my pics, but not all. Maybe when my kiddos (now 5 and 2) are older and wont let me take pictures of them, well, then maybe I'll get to these other pics that I'm stashing right now. Have a Blessed Day!! Heather

1 comment:

  1. What a cute layout, Heather! And thanks so much for becoming my blog follower. I really appreciate it & hopeyou'll enjoy your visit. Hugs, Vera.

    ReplyDelete