"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, August 23, 2010

First day of School






Well today is the 1st day of school here in sunny South Florida! And it is a HOT one!! Just walking out to the car the sweating started! So, my Alivia (2) started pre-school today. handled it like a PRO!! Was so excited to finally wear her new backpack and use her lunch box (she picked "Olivia"). She was so cute!! Walking sideways and everything!!!! Love it!! No crying or anything - although I kind of snuck out there in the end...just in case!

It was also my son, Christian's (5), 1st day of Kindergarten!! What an exciting time for him! Although his biggest excitement was the headphones on his supply list. Boys! He was very brave and ready to go. His teacher seems nice and he there are 2 Christians in his class - so he will be Christian I ;). He was kinda like "Peace out, mom" and started coloring the picture his teacher had layed out immediately.

My niece, Paige (9) is headed to 4th grade. She was happy that several friends from her 2nd and 3rd grade classes were also in her 4th. She was so sweet (as always) and helpful with the other two kids. Very reassuring (probably why Christian wasn't nervous). And she and Christian are VERY excited to be in the same school finally. When we got to there, she had ro one way, and we had to go another, I told her to have a great day, and asked if she wanted a kiss (you know how they get about THAT) and she said "Heck yea, I want a kiss!!". Made. My. Day!! Always a sweet girl!! Anyway - no tears were shead - not even by me. Very proud of myself for that! have a great day - be back later with my scrapbooking weekend post! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment