"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge #3 - Second Entry...

Good morning! Hope everyone's having a good day so far! Ok, so I made a card inspired by this round of the Lawnscaping "All About Love" challenge. I'm not entering it (I dono how many entries you can add... gunna look into that, oh well... doesn't matter though, because I’m not too crazy about it anyway) I just wanted to play a little bit with the theme - SO FUN! I used four Lawn Fawn stamp sets for this card: Bannerific, Critters in the Burbs, Harold's ABCs, and the cute heart from Just My Type II.

Here’s a look at the card:
Like I said, I'm not too awful happy with how it came out, in all honesty. I mean, it's cute (hard not to be super cute with all the Lawn Fawn on there!), but it was waaay too late when I got started which means it was WAAAY too late when I finished it. When I saw myself going overboard (with the hearts, mainly), I should have put it down and came back to it another time. But I didn’t. Siiiiigh... I got warm (thanks girls) reception on Facebook, but I still can’t help but feeling like I totally “OCDd-out” (feel free to use my made up words whenever you want) on it.

To make it, I started off with plain white (Bristol) art paper (purchased at an art supply store by my house). What I NEED to do already is head over to Amazon.com & pick up some Neenah Solar White Cardstock... but that’s besides the point right now. Then I stamped that adorable Lawn Fawn tree (I used Momento ink for everything) onto it. And used (really super cool) Inkadinkado’s Stamping Mask Paper (got that on my recent AC Moore adventure) to mask off the tree while I inked up the entire card with Ranger's Tumbled Glass and it's edges with Broken China (Distress Inks) - it worked wonderfully (highly recommending that masking paper!)! Then I did a bunch of paper piecing with my Lawn Fawn Lovelies and patterned papers (the top of the tree, little birdie, tire swing, banner, & grass are all Glitz Designs and the tree trunk is Bo Bunny).

Then I stamped the sweet squirrels onto the Bristol paper and colored them with Copics (which I had some fun with) and paper pieced them onto the card. I stamped the acorns directly onto the card and also colored them with Copics, stamped on the cute little “boingy” things, and attached the grass (which I just hand-cut). Thaaaats when I went absolutely too crazy with the hearts... and I finished the card off with some twine for the tire swing (which was an idea I got from the ultra-fabulously-talented Laurel) and popped up the banner and cute littler birdie with foamies.

I dono, what do you think? Too much right? Just a little? Don’t worry, it wont hurt my feelings... Constructive criticism is all good ;). I wasn’t even going to share it on the blog, but here it is anyway.

I’m working on something (that I DID put down last night when it got too late) that seems like it’ll be super cute, so, hopefully I’ll be back to share it tomorrow. Have a crafty day!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, since you brought it up, maybe a little crazy on the hearts but other than that I think it is great! I was going to make a card with my new Critters in the Burbs stamps too for this challenge but was having trouble working it out. So I just changed directions completely. Glad to see you stuck with it! I love the polka dot tree (I have a bit of thing for polka dots).

    I don't know how many entries you can have in Lawnscaping either, but I think you should enter this one too!

    Thanks for all the comments you left on my blog, they were very sweet. You are probably just finding my blog because I just started it right after Christmas, I'm pretty new to the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute concept, even if you don't think it turned out your best! I think you would be super happy if you redid it down the road, but you should be super happy now, because it is dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so ADORABLE, Heather -- and I'm not just saying that! :o) It's cute, playful, and makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card, Heather! I really do! I think the hearts are great for this time of year. I think if you were to make it any other time of the year, maybe I'd leave off the hearts except for the one up by the banner in the birds mouth, but for a Valentine it works great! You created such an adorable scene here! I love the paper piecing, especially that green polkadot on the tree leaves. Fabulous!

    And please don't feel bad. You're not the only one who has gotten started too late and made what you thought were poor judgements in excessive stamping or embellishing. I think we've all done it. I know for sure I have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is a super happy card. I love the falling acorns, the jumping squirrels, the polka dot tree AND the hearts. We are all hard on ourselves (you know I have been very recently). You need to be happy with your creations so it really doesn't matter what anyone else says! And some people can be incredibly harsh! I ask for feedback but only from those I know and trust. I am glad that you posted it. And don't be so hard on yourself with this card... I am sure anyone would be lucky to receive it! Here is what I would do. I would redo the card exactly as is EXCEPT eliminate all the heart see what you like better! And then maybe you'll feel the need to add a few hearts. Above the bird or on the banner even.... I'd love to see it if you do!

    ReplyDelete