"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, February 21, 2011

Anniversary card for Lawn Fawn!!

Hello again. Well, in case you didn’t get enough of my fabulous flower yesterday, I have another card using a similar (card) pattern. I made this card for the fabulous LAWN FAWN STAMP CO.. Kelly Marie mentioned a little while ago (on Facebook, maybe) that Lawn Fawn's official anniversary is March 1st :D. That Kelly Marie is always so sweet, helpful, and encouraging. I couldn’t let their anniversary go by without sending them a little love. I hope it makes them smile, here's a look:


For this card I used My Minds Eye’s Stella and Rose - Hazel - collection. {I picked up a 6x6 pack this weekend - and a few extra 12x12 sheets of the graph/ledger page in the collection - I’m a sucker for these!!} and couldn’t wait to use it. Perfect for another beautious handmade flower (again, I found the amazing tutorial for this flower on the Crate Paper Blog). The brad in the center is by Pink Paisley. I decided to use that lovely Get Sketchy #75 sketch for this card too, only I changed it up a bit, kind of tilting the sketch. I paper pieced another lovely Lawn Fawn banner (adding a Sophie's Sentiment: "Happy Anniversary") and the purty birdies from the Bannerific set as well - and popped those little guys up with some foamies. To finish it off, I added some rustic twine for a little pretty.

I started my creative journey as a scrapbooker. I was all about the scrapbooking - and I still love doing that. Then I started making cards (a little while before I found Lawn Fawn’s blog) but their awesome stamps, amazing Design Team, Kelly Marie’s informative video tutorials (not to mention her general “sweetness” - she just makes me smile), and YOU, all you other Lawn Fawn/stamp/card lovers... the Lawn Fawn Community ;), you have REALLY inspired me in ways that have catapulted my card creativeness and I truly appreciate that! I've learned so much from you all, and I love the little “family” I’ve made through Lawn Fawn. So many of you girls who have welcomed, uplifted, and encouraged me along my journey came from our shared love of all things Lawn Fawn. Thanks lovely ladies!! I wanted to post and mail this card today - so they get it in time ;). Maybe if you’ve got some creative spare time, you could make/send them a card too. I’m SURE it’d make them smile :D. Hope you have an awesome, awesome day.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Neenah
Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye (Hazel)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Bannerific, Sophie’s Sentiments)
Ink: Momento
Boarder Punch: Fiscars
Circle Punches: Fiscars/Marvy
Brad: Pink Paisley
Glitter: Martha Stewart (coarse & fine)
Twine: Papertrey Ink
Foamies: American Crafts

2 comments:

  1. I remember staying up WAY TOO LATE to find out Kelly Marie's announcement that she was starting her own stamping company and I am still hooked, a year later. Your card is lovely, great colors and mix of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love, love* your card, Heather!! :o) Love the handmade flower, the fun brad, and the awesome combination of patterned papers! Faaabulous work! :o)

    ReplyDelete