"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, February 14, 2011

Are yoooooou ready for Monster Jam?!?

Hello there! Hope you had a Happy Valentines Day yesterday ;). I did, I mean, it was fine. The kids had blasts at their parties and got lots of goodies. We had breakfast for dinner last night - which is always nice! It’s our new Monday night...thing. It’s the day my hubby works late, and since I always work late (I work M-Th from 8-6pm), it’s great to have an easy dinner night. Plus, everyone eats everything on their plates (nice for me to not have to fight with my son over eating for a change!).

I wanted to share a 2 page layout I made Sunday night using Sassafras Lass’ Monstrosity line!! I’ve been hoarding it (a few papers, the felt stickers, playing cards, & the journally element stickers) for a little while & I’m REALLY trying to not buy anything (not much anyway) right now. We’ve gotten ourselves on a budget and if we want it to work I (emphasis on I...) have to stop shopping ALL the time! My hubby never shops for anything. Never goes out to breakfast or lunch, and I’m pretty sure he’d still have his Communion cash if I wasn’t around :(. Anyway, I thought it’d be fun to scrap our (2009) Monster Jam pictures with it. Fun idea right?!? I printed the pics a long time ago & they’ve just been waiting around for me to get to them. Here’s a look (click to enlarge): Here are a few peeks at the layering goodness - warning my camera isn't all that, so these pics never come out quite right:
Cute right?!? Now, I didn’t have a lot of paper, maybe 5 sheets. So I didn’t want to use the patterned paper as the background. And I didn’t want it to get too busy. So, I started with Bazzil Kraft cardstock and misted (well, I did a little misting and a lot of “dropping” - opening the spray bottle & dropping the mist right onto the paper) it with Maya Mist (Charcoal Black and Sunflower Yellow). My pictures started out as wallets and 4x6. I then cut the wallets to 3x2 and the 4x6 into 4x4. Then I just went to town. I had so SO much fun layering the stickers with foamies & onyx jewels - and that “monster lineup” - HOW CUTE IS THAT?!?!? I added various letter stickers (American Crafts - orange & yellow and Doodlebug Designs - black) for the titling. I finished the pages off by using Colorbox Chalk Ink (black) all the way around the pages for a distressed sort of look. I have to say - this page makes me happy :D! Something that does not make me happy?? Well, Sal took Paige & Christian to Monster Jam this weekend, and when he asked if he should bring the camera I said {GASP} "Naaaah, it's one more thing for you to carry". I know, I know. After i did this layout I felt really sad that I have pics from 2008-2010's Monster Jam show and NONE from this years' now. Bad me. I regret it. Why did I do that?!? Now I have to live with it. Maybe I'll take pics of the kids in their new Monster Jam shirts & fake the funk. Siiiiiigh.

P.S.
Because I’m a total spaz - here is a picture of this month’s Paper Niche kit:
Niiiiice huh?!? I’m sorry I couldn’t get the picture up before now - like I said, total spaz! I still have to post another project that I made using the kit, but kinda put it to the side with all of the Valentines festivities & projects going on. Hopefully it’ll get posted soon. I got so much crafty goodness out of the kit, and still have SO many embellishments/stickers left (I used all the papers HEE!!). So many more opportunities for crafting! AAAAnd , I’ve been given a hint that next month’s kit is AMAZING. I can not wait! I feel so grateful for this opportunity to work with Paper Niche!! They rock my world, let me tell you!

Well, I hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic double pager! Those monsters are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I love how you upcycled the basic grey packaging, I think that's a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete