"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My weekend's scrappiness ;)

Good Tuesday everyone ;). Hope you had a fun weekend. I have to say, I SURE DID!! Yesterday especially. Every other day of the weekend was ok, but yesterday was awesome. We went out for breakfast - which is very RARE for us - and it was great (besides Alivia trying to eat the gum from under the table - at Dennys - gross!!!). Such a nice family day! I was super productive too - thank you Red Bull (no thank you for the WICKED BAD headache it gave me at 10:00 last night). I cleaned my house, obsessivey cleaned my car (also very rare!!), had such nice family time, AND Alivia took a 3 - yes, 3 - hour nap. That left me with some (alot actually)crafty time!! I made several pages, and started a project (a mini) for my mom - but I'll share that another time. Ok, here we go:



First of all...Remember those layouts I entered into Lawn Fawn's Facebook/Mini-Challenge, well Kelly Marie and the great peeps over at Lawn Fawn decided to gift all of the participants :D. So sweet of them!! I had alot of fun making those pages - I had really been wanting to use those adorable Bannerific Stamps on my scrapbook pages (instead of just on cards), so I used the opportunity to do just that. Anywho, when I found out (on FB) that they were gifting all of us, I sat right down and made the Lawn Fawners a Thank You card! I've been kind of obsessed with misting/masking with letter stickers right now, so I used that technique paired with one Kelly Marie just did a video tutorial for (stamping on Dear Lizzie Fabric Paper & paper piecing). I like how it came out. And may I just say, LAWN FAWN ROCKS!!



I LOVE this page. I just got the paper over at my LSS, Paper Niche, it's all Prima - I just LOVE this line!! One side is all girly and the other side is boy(y - ??) and both are absolutely adorable!! I love that I can use it for both of my babies!! The letter stickers are American Crafts - Thickers, of course. I loved how they blended right in. I titled the page "Right Now" and went back to Alivia's 1st Year Baby Calender and wrote down all the things she was doing/eating/saying, etc in June of 2009 (she was 11 months old). I loved the element page that came with this stack of papers. I used 2 of them because, well, I had alot to write! The phrase on it "You are so cute" kinda got lost because I wrote in black ink, so I used my glue pen and traced over it, then heat embossed with AC green embossing powder. Thaaaaats better.



This one just might be my fave of the weekend!! I followed a sketch I found online, and used Cosmo Cricket's Togetherness paper/stickers/letter stickers(LOVE THESE LETTER STICKERS!!!!). Add in some Papertrey Ink buttons and twine - swoon!! I really wanted to try using my circle punch to make a different corner and then inked around the page with ColorBox chalk - Sigh, I really like how it turned out :D.



So, if that one was my fave, THIS comes in a close second!! I just LOVE these pictures, and the October Afternoon Thrift Shop collection is becoming an ALL TIME FAVE for me!! It's just...sigh, I love it! Paired with Kraft cardstock - how can you go wrong, seriously?!? I added in a Tim Holtz tag and some twine & was good to go!



I totally got this idea online. I'm sorry, I dont remember where I saw it (bloghopping I'm sure - and I promise, in the future, I'm going to make note of these things so I can give proper credit where it's due). I absolutely loved the patchwork idea!! So. Much. And I have so many little scraps from Basic Grey's Olivia Collection (letters - both the green & pink, element stickers, & the cute tab are also from this collection). I've been using it ALOT, especially for cards, so this worked out perfect for me. First I penciled in the heart, and boy, it was SO FUN (definately not, I tell you!!!) cutting the patch pieces just so. Then I erased the pencil lines and used pale pink stickles to outline it.

Well, thats all I've got today. I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Also, you should check out the Lawn Fawn blog today!! They're partenering with hero Arts for some fun stamping & blogging!! Love them both lots - check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment