"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My first Card Order, filled.

So one of my former bosses (whom I dearly love, and who also happened to marry Sal and I) called me one day after I sent him a card to say hello. He said "So, I get this card and I'm like 'wow I wonder where she got THIS from' and I look on the back of the card and it says 'Handmade by Heather Innusa'!! What?!? You make cards!! How did I not know this?!?". Then he asked me if I've ever sold any, and I told him that as a matter of fact, our church just had a craft sale and I had sold quite a few! So, he asked me to make him 10 "Thinking of you" cards to send to his clients when needed (he's an attorney and that would cover alot of basis) - but not "too girly", gender neutral. This was, like, 2 months ago. I was really excited, but the "not too girly" part kinda scared me. I'd say my style is too girly! So anyway. I finally decided to sit down and give it a whirl.

For the first two cards (I made 10 total), I found my inspiration flipping through my "Stamp it! 2010" issue, I decided on 2 layouts from the mag. (Pg. 42, by Kim Jackson & Pg. 81 by Alli Miles) that I made work with some Papertrey Ink Stamps/Buttons and October Afternoon's Thrift Shop line. And here they are ;):


For the next (I only made 1 of these - three each of the others)I used October Afternoon Thrift Shop again (love this line soooo much!!), Unity Stamps,Versa Magic red ink, and clear embossing powder (on one of the Happy Balloons). I got this sketch off of Ashley Cannon Newell's blog.

Then this last one is an idea I found blog hopping (I'm sorry, I don't know who it's from) with the punched circles and then sewing through them. I love the layers of it. For this I used a 6x6 stack of Basic Grey's Origins. Hopefully none of them are "too girly", I'm probably not the best judge.


I asked Sal and he said they are "girly" in his opinion, but "not too bad". UGH! Oh well. I packaged them up with some envelopes from Michaels, some pretty grey bakers twine, and my pretty Hand Made by Heather Innusa stamp - which I used an EK Success scallop punch on.

Hopefully he likes them. Well that's my share for today. Have a great one!!

1 comment:

  1. It's quite hard making non girly cards, but you've done a great job! Well done you on your first order, that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete