"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some more owly fun!

Hi there! Hope Wednesday is treating you well, it still feels like Tuesday to me. Then I remember it’s Wednesday & it’s like BONUS!

I wanted to share a few more Halloween cards I made this weekend with you. I was just playing around. Making cards for my nieces up in NYC. Experimenting with Lawn Fawn’s Critters in the Forest, Hats off to You, and Making Frosty Friends sets. Yesterday’s card (you can find it below this post) is my fave Halloween card so far.

If I had to choose, this one would come in second:

I used Lawn Fawn’s Bon Voyage Cloud and the snowman coals from making Frosty Friends as a thought bubble ;). The sentiments are from Smitty’s ABCs and Hats off to You. I cut “Hal-and-loween” apart from the Hats set. No biggie - it goes right back together! I’ve done this to a few Lawn Fawn Sentiments. Works perfectly because they’re amazing quality stamps! Too cute - although my sentiment is a bit wonky in there. I like the dog as a butterfly/ fairy. Cuteness.

This was actually the 1st card I made:

As you can see, I was smitten by the witchy owls with sparkly hats - flying on brooms! But this card got too busy real fast. I had this whole idea... Halloweeny woodland critters in... costumes. Yea, that didn’t really work out for me. I wanted to share it anyway. Just cause.

EEP! I also just got a few spools of Divine Twine - YUM! Orange & Brown - “needed” em! Isn’t the little packaging so cute!

I’m gunna keep this on my desk at work for a little while. Makes me happy & God knows I could use a little happy at work. Been a rough couple of months.

Can you tell I’m loving the grassy Fiscars punch?!? LOVE it! In other news, I’m reading the Help, I can’t put it down. I read half of it yesterday - didn’t get to bed until 1am! I would’ve stayed up later, but 5am comes so quickly! Also, I simply can not wait until the Lawnscaping Blog Hop Friday!!! You’ll be joining us right?!? Hope to see you there and I hope you have a wonderful day friends. {{Hugs}}

1 comment: