"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, September 26, 2011

OH SNAP! - Lawnscaping #18

Hi there. Another Monday to contend with. HMPH. I feel indifferent today. My Grandma went back to NY today - which makes me sad. Also, I've been fighting a cold since Wednesday... and I honestly think it may be winning. Hopefully I get better soon. I was way too sick to be creating ANYTHING last week, which always puts me down in the dumps :(.

Then, on Friday night, it was so weird, I got a HUGE burst of energy. I went through and cleaned out my crafty space - went a little mad actually (cold medication, most likely). Took a bunch of goodies that I've either used once, or never used, or used a tiny bit of and made one huge pile. Sooooo I'll be having a giveaway here on the blog VERY soon in honor of my 50 followers!!! YAY! I really sppreciate you girls!! I love the support and encouragement that you give me. Blogging had been a huge spot of happy in my life. I like getting to know you guys through our creativity. It's nice to have that bond - and I really REALLY appreciate each one of you!!! It will be a whole bunch of goodies! Like I said, most of it is gently (but sparsely) used but... it's still free :D! Look for it by the end of this week hopefully.

Anyway, so, that overhaul got me finally inspired to create - yay! It was a just a little something I made for my Grandma - but a start. She reads a lot, and is heading on a 12 hour train ride home today, so I thought I'd make her a little bookmark to keep her place.
EEk, I almost forgot, I'm entering this into Lawnscapings #18 Challenge

I started off with a scrap piece of clear acrylic - left over from THIS project (which I had to add to/clean up this weekend). The size is 6" by 2 1/2". I rounded the corners with my corner chomper - that baby's made to last, I'll tell you that - and punched the hole for the twine using the Crop-A-Dile. The patterned paper is from an 8X8 pad of October Afternoon's Thrift Shop. I covered the back of the acrylic with a piece cut to size. To glue it down I used Glossy Accents and a scraper (so you wouldn't see glue). Next I decorated the fron using more of the OA paper and the Lawn Fawn Polaroid from Say Cheese. The "Oh Snap" was made using Smitty's ABCs ;). Finished it off with three pretty pieced of bakers twine form The Twinery, pulled through the whole. I likes. Made me finally smile. Rough week, last week. Thanks again - crafty girlys - for being an amazing bright spot in my day - for your love, encouragement, and friendship! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

  1. cute idea! I like the twine tassel best I think. :) I should make me a bookmark, I have been using the receipt from when I bought the book to hold my place. Not very creative. HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I couldn't find your e-mail so thought I would leave a comment! :-)

    You were the giveaway winner over at my blog last week!!! Please send me your e-mail so I can get your address and get you the goods. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute tag. I hope you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, this is DARLING!!!! I love all of it, ESPECIALLY the multi colored twine tassel! What a perfect gift for your grandmother! I should make myself a bookmark inspired by yours! It is wonderful! I hope you feel better. I have been under the weather for what seems like over two weeks! Enough is enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got such a gift for using patterned paper, I think this bookmark is wonderful. Here's to hoping you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! You are so sweet. The tag is seriously adorable! I LOVE the paper pieced camera and the twine tassle. Super bookmark! Glad you're feeling better (I read on your later post) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bookmark!! The tassel is such a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete