Hi there. Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I myself seriously need it to be the weekend already. I’m mentally exhausted and just ready to rest my mind already.
I do have a few projects at the end of this post, but 1st I thought I’d do a fun little 411 about me. I saw it on Danielle’s blog a few days ago, but was too “shy” (is that the word) and then when I saw that Christy participated as well, I figured “what the heck”. So if you’ve ever wanted to know a bunch of random things about me, here’s your chance.
ABCs of me ;):
1. Age: 31 ;). Although my son made something for me for mother’s day... what he thinks of me... to him I’m 10 thank you very much. (of course, in his opinion, apparently, my favorite drink is “beer” and I look prettiest “in a big dress”. Thanks kid!)
2. Bed Size: King. We had a queen before we had out 1st baby. We were trying to get pregnant and it didn’t seem like it was happening, so we decided to get a new (king size) bed and pay it off in a year and try again for a baby. Yea, we found out we were pregnant the day they delivered the bed. Ain’t that how it goes?!?
3. Chore you hate: Definitely washing/putting away dishes and folding clothes. Thank God my hubby does those chores (he also gives baths almost every night) and I do the rest gladly.
4. Dogs: We have a mini-wiener dog named JJ. Our friend had to get rid of him and we took him in back in June of 2008. One month before my daughter was born. I like to call it “pregnancy insanity” but he’s grown on me & my kids absolutely adore him. He’s a perfect fit into our family!
5. Essential to start your day: A kiss & hug from my hubby & babies and coffee!!!! It’s a really perfect day when I can stop into Starbucks & grab a “Grande Iced Mocha” but I usually settle for Espresso that we make in the office :D.
6. Favorite Color: Blue & Green and any variation of the two. Love them!
7. Gold or Silver: Either/Or
8. Height: 5'5"
9. Instruments you play: Not one! Was never in band. I was on drill team in 9th grade. I switched schools in the middle of the year and never joined on my new schools team (they were my old school’s rival).
10. Job Title: Legal Assistant
11. Kids: Christian 6 and Alivia 2 & ½
12. Live: In a townhouse in South Florida.
13. Mom’s Name: Kathy
14. Nicknames: Sweet Pea (from the hubbs). I don’t know why, I’m not that sweet & I hate peas ;).
15. Overnight Hospital Stays: Only when I had a cyst removed from my neck as a kid (2yrs old). I had both of my kiddos in a Birth Center. You only stay there about 4 hours after having them.
16. Pet Peeves: People who put others down (especially) by boasting about themselves. Or people make EVERYTHING about them! Unfortunately I’m around someone who does this to me a lot - I hate it! I can’t get away from it, so I have to get used to it. But it’s a very annoying habit!
17. Quote: The one that’s at the top of my blog is my fave right now “When our eyes see our hands, doing the work of our heart, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in sight” by Michael Bridge. It honestly is where I am right now. I’m totally trying to heal myself by way of my art. I have a lot of family scaring on my heart and soul. I know God doesn’t want it there. I know he wants me free. To love and be happy and be myself - and be happy about who I am. My art is getting me there. It’s building me up. Making me stronger. I love that.
18. Righty or Lefty: righty.
19. Siblings: I’m the oldest. I have a sister who’s 20 mos. younger & a brother who is 6 yrs younger.
20. Time you wake up: between 5:32am & 5:46am. Yup, you read it right :(. I like “off” times. Makes me feel better about getting up that early.
21. Underwear: yes, please
22. Vegetable you dislike: Lima Beans & Peas - ICK!
23: What makes you run late: My son. 1st not wanting to wake up. Then not deciding what to eat. Then taking too long to eat. Then throwing a fit when my daughter turns off the TV instead of him. Then forgetting something inside. Sigh. Sometimes all of the above. Sometimes just a few variations.
24. X-Rays: Several. I’ve broken my left arm (around 12 yrs) and my left wrist (at 21). I’ve been in a car accident. At the dentist... you know the regular stuff.
25. Yummy Food You Make: I love cooking!!! It makes me seriously happy! On the weekend, I always make a new recipe or a family fave. Everyone loves my couscous, cheesecake (even though I hate cheesecake), Short Ribs sauce, eggplant parm, and fish tacos. Anytime I’m cooking for our families, I end up making one of those things.
26. Favorite Zoo Animal: Giraffes or Otters.
Ok, those are the ABCs of me. If you do one on your blog, please let me know and I’ll come check it out. Mainly because I’m nosey ;) but also because I’d love to get to know you better too. Plus, it’s fun.
Also, here are a few pics of some of the pages I’ve been working on:
I think I mentioned that I’m making a scrapbook for someone. My 1st customer - EEP!! It’s for her daughter who just got engaged. She wants it pretty simple and picked out/bought all the stuff (which, honestly, made it a little trickier for me, but it’s ok). I’ve finished 5 out of 20 pages. As you can see, I’ve left spaces for her to do her own journaling. Thanks for peeking. I hope you have an amazing day. P.S. I’m teaching my 1st scrapbooking/stamping class at Paper Niche this weekend. Well, if anyone’s signed up - fingers crossed. Wish me luck. I’ve got that nervous/excited thing going on.
Birthday Card Challenge No. 6
12 hours ago