"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mini Book - B-day present for mom!

Hi there! YAY! It’s my Friday today... weekend here I come - well, you know, after today anyway ;).

Hope you’ve been having a really nice week so far. I’ve got to get down to crafty business this weekend, that’s for sure! I just got the June Paper Niche Kit at home just waiting for me - as usual, it’s FILLED with awesome goodness, and I can’t wait to dig into it {printing pics @ Costco as I type!}! Oh, and I still have 1 page to complete for my client. It’ll be a {fun} busy {long - 4 day - woo hoo!!} weekend!

Anywho, Today I wanted to share a mini book that I made for my mom’s b-day (June 1st). I used pictures from the Relay for Life, which we participated in back in March. It was a great experience for us to do it together. My son also stayed overnight and camped with us, which made it extra special!

I used basically all of October Afternoon’s 5 & Dine Collection to make it. I was so happy when I saw this collection at Paper Niche! They’ve always got the good stuff!!! I added in a few Lawn Fawn Stamps {Fly Free, Bannerific, Sophie’s Sentiments, Harold’s ABCs, and Partly Cloudy} to make it extra fun!

This is the front and back covers, and a overall view:

Now here is a look at each individual page:


That is a pull-out tag... and this is the back of it:

And these two tags also pull out. One I've journaled on, and the other, I will have my son journal onto it:


Since I used the Tag Chipboard book from the collection, I obviously went with a “tag” theme, and as you saw, there are several pull out tags throughout the book. I hope she likes it - I'm happy with how it turned out! I’ve been debating on what I was going to finally make her with these pictures, so I was happy when it all came to me. It took me about 3 hours to make, in total.

Well, thanks for taking a peek. This is probably my last blog post for this week. I’ll catch ya on Monday and I hope you have an amazing Memorial Day weekend.

Supplies:
Chipboard Tag Book/Patterned Paper/Stickers: October Afternoon’s “5 & Dime”
Letter Stickers: Sassafras
Punches: EK Success
Stamps: Lawn Fawn’s Fly Free, Bannerific, Sophie’s Sentiments, Harold’s ABCs, and Partly Cloudy
Ink: Archival (black) & Jenni Bowlin (red)
Tags: from Paper Niche’s “Candy Bar”
Ribbon: Martha Stewart (hearts & sheer pink); May Arts (pink & blue striped); Prima (Lacey Ribbons) - others from my stash
Other: Tim Holtz Distressing Tool

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I hope to make my first book soon with pictures from our honeymoon. I have never made one before, thanks for the inspiration! I love the pieces that pull out

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! i loved all the details! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME book Heather. LOVE it !!!

    ReplyDelete