"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, May 23, 2011

Crate Paper Sketch Challenge!!!

Good morning!! Happy Monday ;). Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Thank YOU so much for the sweet comments on that last card I made (for Lawnscaping's #10 Challenge). I have so much fun with those challenges, and I really loved how it came out, and it makes me super happy that it was well received!!!! It means so much to me when you leave me sweet comments! They really make me smile, so, thanks ;).

Today I wanted to share a LO that I made based on the Crate Paper - May 2011 - Sketch Challenge that is going on right now. Here’s a look at the sketch:

This is my 1st time participating in one of Crate Paper Sketches and I LOVE how it turned out! I used their Neighborhood Collection (the patterned paper, banners, and the pink letter stickers are also from the collection). I just HAD to use these Martha Stewart Butterfly punches - they basically helped me come up with the entire theme of the LO. This is my take on the sketch:

and some closer ups - those cloud punches are my new fave supply (that's not a Lawn Fawn Stamp - or Crate Paper):

Isn’t that flowers just gorgeous?!? I’m telling you, I have so much fun making them!!!

This LO, like all of the LOs I’ve been making this month, is for a lady who asked me to make a scrapbook for her daughter. My first customer who isn’t a friend - woo! {She found me through the Paper Niche}. I thought it would be tough - scrapping someone I don’t know - but it’s been a wonderful experience, to be honest. Her mother was so organized and gave me all of the pictures and tons of memorabilia. I honestly feel like I know her at this point. Made my job super easy - plus, HELLO, look at her! She’s a beautiful girl!!! I just wanted to do her face justice!! These pictures are from her High School graduation. I thought they were perfect for the sketch.

Anyway, that’s my share for today! I’ll have a few more projects tomorrow - also using the fabulous Crate Paper {Emma’s Shop & School Spirit Collections!} ;). Thanks for visiting me and have an amazing day!!!.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper, Element Stickers, Pink Letter Stickers: Crate Paper’s Neighborhood Collection; White Letters: Jillybean Soup; Bakers Twine: The Twinery; Punches: various Martha Stewart butterflies; Tickets: House of 3; Glitter: Martha Stewart {coarse & fine}; Cloud Punches: Fiscars; Staples: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

3 comments:

  1. I think this one may be my favorite one yet--LOVE it! There's so much motion on the LO and that flower is GORGEOUS! Yeah for you getting your first non-friend client! You did an awesome job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. As Jocelyn said my favourite too! I love how you've done the butterfly with lots of little ones too and the banner. I also love the colours. Well done on your first non-friend client, she will be so so pleased with what you've created, you should be really proud of yourself. Way to go girl!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete