"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, May 9, 2011

Paper Niche May Kit Reveals

Hi there! I’ve been MIA since Thursday - my poor, sweet (who is not so sweet when she’s not feeling well) Alivia has had a stomach virus since Thursday :(. Then to make things fun, I got it on Saturday & it was horrible! You know what they say, misery loves company!

Anyway, I’m WAY late on this now, but I wanted to finally share my LOs that I made with Paper Niche’s May kit. I love love loved this month’s kit! Absolute. Favorite. So. Far!!! Here is a look at the full kit:
Nice huh?? It has tons of Crate Paper's Portrait Collection, which was my favorite part. It also is full of Websters, and Kaiser Kraft. Just an amazing kit. Here's a look at my projects:
This was the 1st LO I made with the Kit and - by far - my absolute favorite!!! I love this picture of my Christian. It was taken almost 3 years ago. With his little Spider man jammies and Spider man Tattoo... and those eyelashes and little hands. He’s changed so much in 3 years. Definitely a big boy now. I just LOVE that Websters floral ribbon!!! I also made a hidden Journaling spot behind the picture. The quote is a song, “Hourglass” by Mindy Gledhill. I love her CD Anchor. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you should really head over to You Tube and listen a bit. It’s speaking to me on almost every level these days. I this is was great for this LO.



This LO represents both a happy and sad time for me. We had gone to the Keys for a day trip (our 1st as a family of 4) to spread my dad's ashes into the beach there. he passed away exactly one year before that. We made a day of it and had lunch, ice cream on the beach, went to the southern most spot in the US... While the picture is a really happy one - our new, complete family, it reminds me of something not so great. I decided to incorporate those feelings into the LO design. So, I distressed all of the papers, and made punched clouds, and made rain drops with the fabulous Prima Bling in the kit. I also used Tim Holtz's Crackle Accents on one of the clear Bo Bunny Brackets to place around the journaling. I really like how it came out. Noone would really know but me. Making it was kind of theraputic for me!


I LOVE this 2 pager!! I've been dying to scrap these pictures for 2 years now!! So fun! they were taken on Alivia's 1st Birthday - the After party ;). I just hadn't had the right motivation for them yet. Thank you May Kit!! It was so perfect for this LO! Both the lacey ribbon, and the pearly flourishes really reminded me of bubbles:


This is the last LO - my sweet sleepy Lulu - always with those 2 fingers in her mouth :):




So, that’s it. Thanks for peeking. I’ll be sharing mostly scrapbooking projects this week. Someone hired me to make a scrapbook as a gift to her daughter for her Bridal Shower. My 1st scrapping job!! Super excited. Also, this weekend is my class at Paper Niche! I’m so excited and nervous I can barely contain myself!!! Say prayers for me, and have an amazing day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment