"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pickin' Pumpkins

This weekend my family visited the Pumpkin Patch. We even tried a new one this year - and took my mom along ;). We had “fun” but both myself and my mom were just not feeling great. My mom had a really rough week. She had the “double dose” of Chemo as she calls it. She does chemo 3 Thursdays a month, and one of those Thursdays (last Thursday) she gets two different meds with her Chemo. When she gets the "double dose" she always ends up feeling pretty sick, runned down, and VERY fatigued. As for me, I don’t know what was wrong (Ok, I’m lying it was probably PMS - sorry, but true). I always love Pumpkin’ Pickin’ but I was so in a bad mood this time :( and didn't feel great. The kids had fun though!! What is it about pumpkins that make people happy?!? I guess it's all the varying sizes of cute pumpkins? Maybe the hay? No clue. But it is fun! It’s so funny, last year, Alivia was just a lil wee one who just sat there. This year, she was running all over the place. Picking up (and then dropping) pumpkins. So cute. Paige and christian were like "This one, No that one" the entire time.





Usually we’d get a giant Pumpkin to carve, but that just wasn’t in the cards for us this year. I have so many projects I'm working on for the Bargain Hunt, and I made about 35 of the Goodie Bags for my kids' classes - basically, I'm swamped!! Plus, my mom picked up this cute little wooden turkey that you paint and then poke into the pumpkin. The kids had their hearts set on decorating that and it required a smaller pumpkin. So they picked out the pumpkin for that project. Then Christian wanted a mini pumpkin to paint, and also needed another small pumpkin for school. Paige decided on a pumpkin the same size as our “turkey pumpkin” and she painted that. My little Lulu (Alivia) decided she’d be different and choose a cute little gourd that kinda looks like a giant acorn ;). Paige thinks it looks diseased and will not touch it, but I have to say, I love that little gourd - it’s so darn cute!!


Well, that was our pumpkin pickin' adventure/craft. Fun stuff. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment