"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Halloween Maddness is Over!!

With the Bargain Hunt getting closer and closer, I feel like I’ve been busier and busier!! This weekend I made a ton of cards.

I actually had a completely hectic weekend. I took Thursday off to volunteer at Christian’s school for his Halloween Party. He was so happy to have me there!! They didn’t let the kids dress up in their Halloween costumes, instead, their theme was “Fairy Tale” characters, and they all dressed up as such and marched in a little fairy tale parade. Christian chose to be Jack & the Beanstalk. We got good and crafty (last weekend) by making him a beanstalk (paper chain) out of green cardstock. He did all the stapling and everything - and was VERY proud of himself. I also took a bunch of marbles, some paper, bling, and a little box and turned them into Jack’s Magic Beans. We used his Christmas shirt from last year and cut off the sleeves to turn him into a proper Jack:


Also, Thursday night, we had the “kick off” party for the Relay for Life. Each team had to pick a TV show as their “theme”. We decided on the A-Team because we knew Christian would be a super cute little mascot - so we dressed him up as Mr. T. It was great!! He was super cute, and kept saying “I pitty the fool” the entire time. It was also really nice to get psyched about the Relay, which is on March 26th!! So inspiring and motivational!! Here’s my lil Mr. T:

Then on Friday, I volunteered at Alivia’s school for her Halloween Party. It was adorable. She had a blast!! Who wouldn’t?!? I almost wished I was a kid again!! Here’s a looksie:

Saturday we has a Fall Festival at Church. The kids had a blast. Learned how to bob for apples - and loved it!! Then last night, of course, we went trick-or-treating. It was the most precious thing ever to see my little Lulu running up to doors at the speed of light to say her “trick or treat” and “thank you”. She was the sweetest Lady Bug ever!! Christian was a Bakugan. If you don’t know what that is, well, you’re lucky ;). Basically, he was a dragon. My niece, Paige, was a “Midnight Maiden”. Her wig and makeup was the most exciting part for her, and she looked super cool!! As we do every year, we trick or treated with our friend Cherie, her daughter Taylor (who was Maiden Marion, from Robin Hood). Cherie's grand baby, Jayson also came along, he was super cute lil vampire, so Alivia had her own little Edward ;) hee hee. My mom was a clown. Made her costume herself - that crafty lady!!




It was great fun. The kids had a blast and it was just so wonderful to watch them enjoy themselves!!

I’ll share all of my craftiness tomorrow. I’ve gotta warn ya, I made a ton of cards ;). Have a great day - hope your Halloween was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment