"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My weekend projects...

As you know, I've been working on projects to sell at the Bargain Hunt that my church is having on November 13, 2010. I participated in one they had over the summer. I didn't do so well, but I didn't really know what to expect and decided to do it VERY last minute. So, this time I have a plan! With the Holidays coming, I'm focusing on holiday related items or items that someone may want to give as a gift for the holidays. I've made a few Christmas/Holiday cards, so far, and will be making more along the way, but this weekend I focused on on gifty stuff. (PS on all of the projects I make for the Bargain Hunt, my goal is to use up my stash only - no buying new products!!). Ok, I'm officially determined. Especially because all my proceeds (except for the 10% donation to the church) will go directly to the Relay for Life I'll be doing in March.

This first item is an Ornament I made using a chipboard star from a Maya Road coaster mini. I covered it with My Mind's Eye Christmas paper left over from last year. I just love this paper!! In fact, I have a couple sheets of and some chipboard stickers left over, and will be making gift tags out of them :). Anyway, I chalked the edges of the star in orange ColorBox, and made a "flower" using a Fiscars scalloped border punch. I also added some thin wire, that I has curled on a skewer and popped up some cute little stars (stuck them on using Glossy Accents). And I HAD to finish it off with a beautiful banner and sentiment from my Lawn Fawn Cozy Christmas Stamps (LOVE!!) I just love how it came out so much!! I like the colors - so bright and fun!!

For the next ornament, I took a Jenni Bowlin chipboard bird/wing and traced them onto empty/flattened boxes of...fruit snacks. Yep, fruit snack boxes. I'm also doing a heaping of recycling here. Been saving them for a few months now. They work great. They're kind of thinner than chipboard but very environment friendly - especially with the plethora of fruit snack my kiddies go through - and, once you cover both sides in paper, they do get thicker. You can do this with cereal boxes, rice boxes, heck...scalloped potatoes, whatever - you get the point! I used a sheet of My Minds Eye from another collection left over from last year. I actually wasn't crazy about this paper by it's self - I got it in a kit - and thought I'd never use it. At least not on a scrapbook page, but I really like how this came out! I also chalked the edges of this lil birdie in brown Colorbox, and finished it off with a Prima jewel for an eye. Then I completed both ornaments by stamping "Merry Christmas 2010" using a Hero Arts stamp and Momento Ink. Enjoy - hope you all have a wonderful day!!

1 comment: