"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, October 11, 2010

Christmas cards are done!! Now onto other projects!

Well I got all of my Grandma's Christmas Cards off to her last week, and this weekend I finished all of my cards too! Woo Hoo!! now, I'm just waiting to take the pics of my kiddies to stick onto the cards - which won't be, at least, until the beginning of next month - then, finito! So, I did 47 of them. Ran out of the red paper for the fire places. I may go check out one of my LSS' to see if they've gotten Basic Grey's Jovial line in yet (I originally ordered from 2Peas) and then maybe I'll bust out another 25 (later). We'll see about that!

First of all, hope everyone had a great weekend! I got the coolest stamps from Studio Calico that I wanted to share with you!!

Ok, this was the first time I've ordered a Studio Calice Kit!! Exciting! I just LOVE their blog, and design team - so many crafty ladies in one place!! Love their vibe! So, I was browsing what their DT was doing with this month's kit - and, well, WOW! Awsome stuff over there. The kit is amazing, but this adorable little polaroid picture stamp is what sold me - I HAD TO HAVE IT!! It's so cool! When I ordered the kit, I also added on those amazing alphabet stamps!! There is just something about them that I adore! Aren't they just too cool!?!?!?

Well, I've been dying ALL weekend to use that polaroid stamp especially!! I mean, literally, I've been filled with inspiration waiting to burst out with that little guy! The problem was that I had to finish my Christmas cards first (I just had to!). Finally yesterday, I had the opportunity to break it out. So, my Christmas cards are finito, but my church is having a "Bargain Hunt" in November. It's like a big thing where a bunch of venders, crafters, etc get tables and you can sell or buy goodies.

I've decided to get a table and sell some cards/crafts (wish me luck - wink). I thought that since it's in November, maybe Christmas Cards would be the way to go! I've pre-made quite a few (Thank You, Happy Birthday, Thinking of You, etc.) cards and plan to sell them as well, but for here on out, I want to focus on making Christmas Cards for the Bargain Hunt. I also have a few little crafts in mind, but will share those later.

So, I was digging through my stamp stash and found these cute little Hero Arts Owl Christmas stamps I picked up from Michaels last year (50% clearance - after Christmas). I honestly didn't even remember that I had them! So, I had this scene in my mind. How cute would a little polaroid snapshot of these cute lil owls playing in the snow be?!? Well.... this cute!

I started with a black card base, it just seemed right. The patterned paper is something my mom gave me last year from her stash. I used my EK Sucess punch - with some glue and silver (Martha Stewart) glitter - I think it worked perfectly as snow. I then paper pieced the hat/sweater on the owls and used flock (Doodle Bug) for the lil guy's hat. Now, obviously, I am NOT a flock expert (1st timer, actually). I would've liked to get it on there a little thicker - hopefully next time. Then I added some pretty ribbon from Michaels and a sentiment (have a warm winter) from my Lawn Fawn - Cozy Christmas stamps on the outside of the card, and used one of the sentiments (Wishing you all of the magic and joy of the holidays) that came with the Hero Arts owl stamps. I like how it came out. Took quite a while to make but it was fun! I also decided to hold one back for my former boss/friend who is Jewish. Usually my Christmas cards say "Happy Holidays" but this year I totally went for "Merry Christmas" so this'll work perfectly for him.

Thanks for peeking. Hope you ghave a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment