"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, May 24, 2010

A Mini Book about my Paigepooh



This is a mini book I made for my niece Paige. My sister-in-law, Dawn, bought it (each letter is sold separately at Paper Niche-I think this is too cool) for me to make for Paige back in April and I just got motivated this weekend to do it. Started and finished it on Saturday - very proud of myself :D.

I LOVED the About a Girl line from Fancy Pants and knew I’d use it for something Paigepooh related. It just screamed Paige with all the pink girly stuff ;). She’s a very girly (tomboy) kinda girl.

So, the background on Paige is that she was actually born on our wedding day :D. She is my sister's daughter. She lives with my mom. Sal and I have helped raise her since she started living there when she was 6 months old. She was our “practice kid” as we liked to call her. I absolutely adore her. She’s such a sweet, kind soul. She sleeps over our house Wednesdays, Fridays and some Saturdays. We look at her as she's our own kid, but not. We don't make the day to day decisions about her, that's my mom's job - and she does a pretty good job!! She's on the honor roll, and is good at SO many things!! She's phenomenal at art and drawing. I just love love love her!!

I'm really happy how this turned out! I made every flower in the book and am super proud of that (just ask Sal!!). I made almost all of them by taking the ribbon in the About a Girl line (with the exception of one ribbon from the Antique Rad Show line). I did a running stitch along the bottom of the ribbon then pulled it, and formed it into a flower (thank you blog world for the tip - I'm sorry not to credit someone specifically, but I have seen the technique on so many blogs, and I believe CK also did an article about it). I've been wanting to try this for a long time and was so happy with the results!!

1 comment: