"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More Christmas Cards for the Bargain Hunt

Good morning! Like I said yesterday, I went into absolute craft mode this weekend. Honestly, I had such a crazy week, last week, busy busy every day (glad that week is behind me) then I crafted weeeeee into the evening every day on top of all the craziness - It was fun though ;)! I have to, there are only 2 weeks until my church's Bargain Hunt, and I'm dedicated to being as prepared as I can be. Ready to make/sell crafts to make $$$ for the (American Cancer Society's) Relay for Life I'm walking in March.

I'll get right into it, first of all please excuse my wonky pictures. I'm sorry, I was having issues. Anyway, last Monday for my Birthday, I got a little load of cash from family. To my amazement, my LSS just started carrying Copics that very same day!!!!!!! I invested in a few of them, and I just can’t tell you, I. Am. So. Super. Excited. I love these little Christmas lights in my Lawn Fawn Cozy Christmas set, but was kinda avoiding them because I DID NOT want to paper piece them, and didn’t have anything to color them in with. Plus, Kelly Marie did an awesome video tutorial where she colored these lil lights in with Copics and then used Glossy Accents to make them pop. Now that I have my beautious Copics, this was the first thing I wanted to try!! I made both Christmas Cards and also mini Gift Tag type cards using Kelly Marie’s awesome technique. Hope you like them. I just adore them. Don't mind me, I haven't gotten to putting yellow/blue buttons on yet. Tonight, tonight, The twine is from The Twinery, I got it here. I am just absolutely in love with Bakers Twine. It makes me extremely happy!!




For these litttle Gift Card Tags, I used more Hero Arts stamps and white ink (and buttons) from Papertrey Ink. I added some stitching so that the snowflakes didn’t look like they were just floating in the middle of no where. I love love love how stitching looks, but hate hate hate how time consuming it can be (even stitching in a straight, short line - especially when you have a 10 card assembly line going on). But I honestly love how they came out!!

Lastly I made these pretties using this lovely Hero Arts Stamp - got it at Michaels with a 40% off, and I love it - along with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Here's a looksie:


Well, that's all I have to share for today. I’ll have more crafty items to share later in the week, but, I wanted to focus on the plethora of cards I made last week/this weekend. I have about 60 Christmas cards made as of today. All different variations and styles AND there will be more to come! I haven't taken pics of my other projects just yet, so hopefully, I'll share them tomorrow. Hope you have an awesome day!!!

1 comment: