"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, October 31, 2011

My 1st Handmade Halloween Costume!

Hi there! Happy Halloween. I've been a total crafty mute lately, but I finally finished the Halloween Tutu that I made for my daughter - with hours to spare - and wanted to share it with you ;).

This was my 1st costume adventure, it's a No Sew Tutu. My friend/coworker Googled it & after making 5 of them for her daughter, convinced me that I need to give it a try. She taught me how, so I don't know what site she got the idea from, but if you can also Google it - she said it was easy to find.

I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with some photos of her actually in it. She's being a Monarch Butterfly, obviously. I got the wings at Joann Fabrics, they were $14.99 & I used a 40% off coupon. The tights were about $3.99 and a friend gave me the leotard. In the end, it cost me about the same as if I had bought a costume for her, but I'm sure no one will have a costume exactly like hers. My son is being a SWAT Team guy ;).

Thanks for peeking - have a Happy Halloween & be safe friends!

2 comments: