Hope your week is treating you good. So, yesterday was my Birthday, I turned 32! Today I wanted to do a blogging from the heart. The amazing (!!) Stephanie Howell started this little challenge on her blog & I've wanted to participate for a while.
This is an attempt to partcipate in that ;). So, for the past few weeks, I’ve been working on a “little” to do list of sorts. The 32 Things I want to do While I’m 32. The funny thing is, I’m not really a “to do list” person. I’ve recently started making them though (at work), and find I find it very helpful - and it’s nice checking things off the list too.
My mom being sick has made me think a lot. Life gets so hard, and busy. I work a full time job, have an amazing (and amazingly busy) family. My hubby works two jobs, we’re active in our church, teach Sunday School the 2nd Sunday of the month without fail. Between all of that - plus playing with the kids, helping my mom, just doing every everyday tasks that come up - I sometimes wonder what I’m doing to work on me. I try so hard to raise my kids to be happy and confident - make time with my husband really count, but I find myself feeling sad and neglected.
Honestly, it’s no one’s fault but my own. My husband is amazing and helps with EVERYTHING, but I neglect myself because I’ve always thought doing things I want to do for me is selfish. I’m the oldest of 3 kids. My father was an alcoholic (he passes away from Cirrhosis of the Liver almost 4 years ago) and my mom was busy with that, and working two jobs, and going to college at night. I kept things going. Kept people safe. I’ve always had people to take care of. I realized that I have spent all of my time taking care of everyone else’s needs (which I will always do - it’s just me) but I, myself, feel exhausted and unmotivated - I don’t know where to begin to take care of me.
Really, the only thing I do that’s just for myself is craft wee into the evening hours after everyone’s asleep. It makes me happy.
This list is about me deciding what I would HOPE to do this year. I’ll try really hard, but not beat myself up if it doesn’t ALL happen. Sometimes life gets in the way - and I have to be flexible. I’ll feel happy for the things I do get to do and there is always next year for what doesn’t get done this year.
I don’t want to let a to do list dictate my life - if I do, I know I’ll get overwhelmed and quit, but at the same time I want to make myself a priority too. To myself. Anyway, it sounds like I’m wining. I’m sorry. Maybe I needed to vent. I’ve never really had goals before - besides being a wife and mother. Check and Check ;).
32 Things to do While I’m 32!
1. Open an Etsy Shop.
2. Get someone to actually BUY something from my Etsy Shop ;).
3. Read 32 books.
4. Not use my Credit Card - AT ALL.
5. Read the bible & do devotions more.
6. Write in my Prayer/Meditation Journal.
7. Visit the Library weekly.
8. Bake a 6 layer Rainbow cake.
9. Re-purpose my old picture frames.
10. Use my old jeans for art.
11. Loose at least 32 pounds!!
12. Count and record my blessings.
13. Learn to meditate and just be still.
14. Do something that scares me.
15. Pray with my kids - not just at mealtimes.
16. Go to the movies alone 3 times.
17. Find a teenage babysitter & go on actual dates with Sal.
18. Go on a road trip.
19. Clear out stuff from the kids’ closet and donate it.
20. Sew something that is NOT paper.
21. Get myself published or onto a Design Team that I love!
22. Make cards for the elderly and shut-ins of our church.
23. Make AND STICK TO a budget.
24. Be more motivated (and less distracted) at work and home.
25. No more Red Bull.
26. Learn how to run and be consistent with it.
27. Ride a 4wheeler.
28. Spend more time with my mom.
29. Make 2 new recipes a month.
30. Scrapbook at least twice a month.
31. Send cards of Appreciation.
32. Be a little bit closer to being happy with being me.
So that’s it. I have to say, I read The Hunger Games last night (what a great book!!!) & am half way though book 2 “Catching Fire”. Working on #3 on the list ;). I’m going to get a planner to kind of sort out these goals and keep track of them. There are so many things here - things I really want to do. I’ll have to keep myself accountable, and hopefully document some of the progress for ya!
Thanks for stopping in. I know there’s no cute craftiness to look at - but I appreciate you popping in on me. If you decide to Blog your Heart, please let me know so I can stop in & see whats going on with you too. I hope you have a great day!
Today’s card (6-24)
7 hours ago