"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, August 22, 2011

"HI" - Lawnscaping #16 - Second Entry!

Good morning!! It's "Back to School Day" here in S. Florida! YAY! I still can't believe my Christian is a 1st grader! He was a trouper this morning in his Star Wars t-shirt! Alivia is headed to pre-k 3 (the 3 year old class in her preschool). She's so excited too! My kidlets are growing up too fast for me.

Ok, onto my card, so, I was super inspired when I got home from teaching my class at Paper Niche on Friday night that I decided to make another card for the Lawnscaping #16 Challenge

Here is a looksie:

OK - WOWZA there is so much inkiness going on here!

I started by using a post it to section off & layer a grassy area using Distress Inks (both Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint). Then I stamped a bunch of the images I wanted to use (they are from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Forrest and Heebie's Jeebies' sets) onto sticky backed masking paper and also onto the card base where I wanted them to be - then I placed the sticky masking paper over the images. Next I stamped the stars (from Lawn Fawn's Bake me a Cake) onto the card using Versamark Yellow Ink and heat embossed them using clear embossing powder. Once that was dry, I punched a 2" punched circle out of the sticky backed masking paper and placed it where I wanted the moon to be, put another post it over the grassy area and went to town with Weathered Wood Dtstress Ink to make the night sky.

Then I punched a 2" circle out of a post it, and placed it over the "moon" section of the card and, after removing the masking tape, colored in a moon using two different Grey Copic Markers and added the bat stamp. Then I colored in the moon with a glittery Copic Pen. Next I removed all of the masks from all of the images and colored them in using various Copics. Here is a close up of the moon - I love how it came out - it looks so real to me ;):


I finished off the card my using the glittery Copic pen to color the spider's web, the owl's eyes, and the antenneas on the snail... and the snail wouldn't be complete without a silvery trail - right?!?:


Ok, that's it for me today. OH - before I forget, did you see that my son's card was picked by Lawn Fawn for Fawny Flickr Friday?!? Check it out **HERE**. He just about lost his mind, he was so happy!!! Then he said... "wait, did I win something?!?" HMPM. What happened to just, you know, the pride of knowing you were mentioned... not for 6 year olds, I tell ya! So it sost me $2.00 worth of goodies at the Target dollar section ;). Hope your day is great!!

6 comments:

  1. What a great card, makes me smile! My favorite part is the hiding spider in the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just too fun! I love all that distressing, too! Love you girlie! Thanks for playing along at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this scene you created and the fact that you managed to keep it one layer is amazing! So much dimension on this card! I love how you incorporated the bat and spider into the scene as well! So glad you played with us again for this challenge Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for Christian's shout-out! I smiled when I saw it. :) You've got so many great elements on this card...I can't believe it's a one-layer. The masking must have been a bear! I love how you did the moon--awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing scene! Love all those wonderful details, the glittery moon, bat and snail and of course that perfect colouring! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your son!!!! What a totally awesome one-layer card! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete