"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our Baby Bear...and some rantings from a sleep deprived lady!

Hi there! Hope you're having a great week so far. Mine's been good & crafty.

Ok, I do have one complaint. This time change has really messed with my sleep! I mean it's nice to leave work when it's light out for a change, and it's great for my crafting... but not so great for my mind/body.

Like (probably) a lot of you working girls when I'm in a crafty mood (which is not always every night, but often), after I get home/have dinner with the family/do the bedtime routine/put my babies to bed, I start my crafting while the hubby is channel surfing. This is usually around 9pm. Then, depending on my project, I'll craft until 11-11:30pm on a week night (later on the weekends, if I want to). After that, I have to wind down with a little t.v., myself, and am usually waking the hubbs up to head up stairs around 12-12:30am. Since the time change my body/mind aren't settled even at bedtime. I had to lay in bed for an hour both Sunday and Monday night wishing I could go to sleep :(.


Ok, ok, I know, I shouldn't even complain... it's my "choice" to stay up and all, but you know how it is, sometimes you can't not create. You get an idea, or have a product you've been dying to use... Anyway, Last night's bed time, you ask? 12:23am. To be fair, I finished my crafty project, in this case, a scrapbook layout, by 10:46pm but wasn't tired. Boo :(.

Enough about me and my whiney sleep-deprived ranting. So to create my layout, I used Prima's "So Cute" patterned paper. I've had it my stash for A WHILE (got it from Paper Niche - too hard to pass up). Anyway, I thought it was perfect for these cute pictures of my sweet little Alivia. She was almost 6 months old in these pictures. She's so big now. Almost 3! The time goes by so quickly!!!

I love the addition of the bakers twine (in Carribean) from the Twinery. There is just something about bakers twine that makes me extremely happy! I attached it with Tim Holtz's Tiny Attacher (and Glossy Accents). I really love journaling on layouts, but kept it short, sweet, and simple here - let the pictures do the talking ;).
And here are a few details:


Ok that's my share for today. Thanks for peeking. I really appreciate all your comments and support. It makes me feel super happy!! Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so, SO adorable, Heather!! :o) The pictures of Alivia are just too cute, I love the animals on the patterned papers, and your twine trails are such a fun detail! Awesome work! And I hope your sleep gets back to normal soon! :o)

    ReplyDelete