"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A few Baby Shower Cards

Back with a few more cards today. One of the attorneys in my office asked me to make him two cards for two baby showers he has to go to this weekend (poor guy - a double in one weekend). One of the couples is having a boy, the other couple is having a girl. I was kinda stumped when he asked, I was KICKING myself for not ordering the Lawn Fawn Plus One set yet along with the Say Cheese sets I just received yesterday :(. I had to stay within my budget though. I like my hubby & he's going to kill me if I don't get my spending under control. My opinion though, those Plus One stamps are the ultimate baby shower stamps. I’ll be saving up for and getting them soon.

Anyway, then I remembered this adorable HamptonArt Kewpie Baby Stamp I have in my stamping stash!!!! I’ve had it for the longest - when I saw it I KNEW I HAD to have it! I remember loving my Kewpie Babies when I was a little girl. My mom made me a bunch of (crocheted) clothes for them, and a little purse that folded into a bed for them to sleep in. I {Heart} Kewpie Dolls. So, this is what I came up with using that stamp as the jumping off points:
Here is the Girl Card which I actually made back when I first got the stamp. Never ended up giving it to anyone, so this was a perfect occasion. For it I used Bazzil Cardstock and Basic Grey patterned paper. Finished it up with some twine and Papertrey Ink buttons:
Now onto the Boy Card
Ok, now this one was real fun. I love how it turned out, but it took me forever because the baby stamp is a wood-mounted stamp that has a long image. The baby I used was the last baby on the stamp, but it was still tricky. I used a Versamark Cats Eye Ink Pad and dabbed it onto the baby for precision. I kept getting some of the words above or below the baby... or the empty space of the foam would get ink on it and transfer onto my clean cardstock...or I put the image too close to the edge...or too far away from it... Then I finally got the baby perfect and the (Studio Calico) “bathroom people” images didn’t get a full impression!!! What the crap!!! Trial and error I tell you, but in the end I love how it came out. For this card, I used Neenah Cardstock and Basic Grey’s Wander paper. So fun for a boy card. The bracket was cut from my Slice - this card is a lot like the card I made yesterday for the Cardpatterns Sketch #105 Challenge. I finished it off with one of Lawn Fawn’s lovely banners and an “It’s a Boy” sentiment from Sophie’s Sentiments. Fun boy colors.

The attorney is a single guy, so I wanted to send him with cards that wouldn’t be too awfully girly. But if you think about it, the girls are the ones who really appreciate the cards (from a baby shower or anything else, really), so I think he’s good.

Ok, that’s all for me today. I can’t wait to get to playing with those awesome Say Cheese and Say Cheese Too Lawn Fawn sets. I have big plans for this round of the Lawnscaping #5 Challenge!! It's a fun one... "Use a Lawn Fawn Stamp in an Unconventional Way". Hmph. I have an idea... but the "unconventional way" part has me stumped. I'll give it a shot and do my best. I love playing along with their challenges. The Dt is so inspiring!! Just go take a LOOK at Laurel's card! Now THAT is using a Lawn Fawn Stamp in a unconventional way. That girl brought it!!! Lets see what the weekend brings. It'll be a busy one. My mom, the kids, and I are going to a craft fair on Saturday, that should be fun. It's also our turn to teach Sunday School and cook dinner for the youth groups this weekend. Busy-Busy. Have to fit in my craftiness with alla that, but like most crafty women, I'll be crafting wee into the night! Have a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment