"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Christmas cards are OFFICIALLY done!!!

Good Wednesday ;).

YAY!!! I've finally gotten the perfect Christmas card picture of my babies, and last night I finally finished my Christmas Cards. So, are you ready for my big reveal?!?

First, this is last year’s Christmas Card (purchased from Costco - which is where I have always gotten my Christmas Cards from):
Last year, I included my niece Paige in our cards because she wanted to be in it, and I try to never make her feel left out, but this year she opted out of ours. She, my mom, and my mom’s boyfriend Mike are sending their own Christmas photo cards.

And thiiiis is this year’s Christmas Card:



I made 47 total. They are all different, but the same. Same design/layout, different paper piecing patterns. I am absolutely THRILLED with how they came out!!! I paper pieced my fingers off with Lawn Fawn’s Cozy Christmas Stamp Set and Basic Grey’s Jovial paper. It was hard, long (I feel a Michael Scott’s “That’s what she said” joke coming on...), tedious - FUN - work, and to see them finally finished just makes me feel so satisfied (wow, I’m only getting worse)!!

I’ve seen some amazing cards here out in blog land, and I’m definitely not trying to say mine is better than anyones’, but this is literally the best card I’ve ever made. I haven’t seen any out there like this either (with the photo card). I feel mighty proud of myself. Mainly, because I wanted to quit so many times while I was cutting and assembling, but now.... pure peace & bliss. I. Am. In. Love.

Here’s some general instructions:

1. Cut Cardstock (in my case, Bazzil Kraft) 7 ½ by 6
2. Ink edges of card with Distress Ink - using ink blending tool
3. Cut Patterned Paper to 3 ½ by 5 3/4 and adhere to card base leaving a 1/8 edge
4. Choose your stamping/paper piecing pattern and GO TO TOWN stamping/paper piecing
5. Cut a 4 by 6 Picture to 3 3/4 by 5 3/4 and adhere to card base in remaining space

For mine I also heat embossed “HO HO HO!” using American Crafts White Embossing Powder in the fireplace, added Red Stickles to properly “hang” the stockings, and added bakers twine (from The Twinery) to the Merry Christmas Banner (from Lawn Fawn’s Bannerific Stamp Set) for extra pretty ;). I had lots of good OCD fun making these. Cozy Christmas is by far my most favoritest (yes, I make up words, occasionally) Christmas stamp ever!!!!! All those smiley little guys!!

Thanks for peeking. Happy Hump Day!

1 comment: