"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Its ornament time!!!

Morning!! Today I wanted to share a spin off of my (Scrapbooks Etc.) paper stocking adventure.

Ok, back story. My mom has a boyfriend, Mike. They're been together almost 3 years now and live together. Mike has 3 kids of his own. Their 1st Christmas living together. which was 2 years ago, they started a "tradition" that the kids all get them ornaments for Christmas for "their" tree. Cool idea, last year we got them some pretty cool ornaments too ;)... Well, I was so inspired by those little stockings, that I decided to make a set for my mom. It includes mini stockings for my mom, mike, his 3 kids (Michael, Chris, and Ashlee) for my brother, my hubby, and myself. Then I shrunk the template just a teensy bit and made one for my son, daughter, and niece (I didn't make one for my sister - sorry, but when you leave your daughter and never come back, except through random facebook comments, you're not getting an ornament on my momma's tree).


I used the Basic Grey's Jovial paper again, October Afternoon Mini Market letter stickers, bakers twine form The Twinery, and Papertrey Ink buttons. I love them, oh, how I love them. My mom LOVED them too - which is what's MOST important!!

I have another little share. My friend Danna and her hubby Justin, who are both in the Navy and stationed in Virginia (although he is currently serving overseas), have a sweet little baby boy named Harper Phoenix (he's 5 months old - YOU KNOW HE'S GUNNA BE A COOL KID WITH A NAME LIKE THAT!!). Anyway, this will be his 1st Christmas and they'll be spending it without Justin :(. Anywho, I made them an Christmas ornament for their family using recycled Bo Bunny button/bling packaging, a page from a (house) chipboard book ($1 from Michaels), October Afternoon paper, Hero Arts (owl) Stamps, Copics, and Martha Stewart glitter. So this is their "Family of Three- 1st Christmas" ornament that I made them ;).


Thanks for peeking!! Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Ah these are gorgeous!!!! Love them! That little owl house is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are way to cute!! I love all the papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are so, so, so, so cute!!!
    I love your mini stockings! :)

    ReplyDelete