"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lawn Fawn Goodness and my 1st 2S4Y Challenge





Just yesterday i got in my newest Lawn Fawn Stamps - SOOOO EXCITED!! I've really been seeing beautiful things being done with both the "Bake me a Cake" and "Sew Lovely" sets that I HAD to have them ASAP. I was on the Lawn Fawn Blog yesterday and Kelly Marie made a beautiful card for the 2S4Y "Laura's Sketch 52" Challenge and it inspired me to put my newest stamps to good use and join my first challenge ;). I made 3 cards. The 1st two using Lawn Fawn's "Bake me a Cake" set and October Afternoon's Thrift Shop Papers. I LOVE how these two came out (the cupcake is my fave though!!!). When I got to the cupcake card, i made the tough decidion to cut (GASP) the Happy Birthday stamp. I was sad doing it, but I was super precise and really wanted the versatility of using it horizontal OR verticle ;). I also love these papers. So bright and frilly and fun!! Next I used the "Sew Lovely" bodice with Basic Grey's "Olivia" line - I HEART this paper so much!! So fun and girly - couldn't wait to use it. Enjoy - and go get you some Lawn Fawn!! You wont be disappointed!!

2 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE! I love all the paper-piecing, too - it's my favorite technique! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable work!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete