"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And another using the fab. Maya Road and October Afternoon!



















This is another mini I made with a Maya Road Album and October Afternoon papers/embellies. In the beginning, I really thought that I had messed this book up! This was my 1st binder type mini and I covered it quite awkwardly - I didnt know what I was doing!! But in the end, I am extremely happy with the outcome!!! So, here's the story... Last year, my son's 1st year in preschool, we made cupcakes at least twice a month for his class's snack time. He loved doing this so much, and I finally decided I needed to document this activity, but figured they'd end up in a scrapbook page somehow. I was playing one day, and decided this line of paper and elements were PERFECT for our time in the kitchen! I wanted to try a mini with funky elements. The flowers are made from the october afternoon papers that I simply hand-cut, rolled into little balls, then unfolded and inked the edges with chalk. The pinwheels...I love those pinwheels! I made those by googling it. I love how they came out. Also, on this book, I distressed the edges of every page with a blade and also chalk - this was my 1st time trying this and I love the result. Hope you like it too!

1 comment: