"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Now THAT'S an antique roadshow!

Hi there. Today I wanted to share a layout that I’ve actually been dying to create since I picked up Lawn Fawn’s Admit One Stamp set a week ago!

These pictures were from the weekend before Easter, this year. My sis-in-law and niece were down from New York. Before she came she investigated online for some things to do with the kids while she was here. I never knew our city (Hollywood) had an annual Marshmallow Drop and Easter egg hunt, so we decided it’d be fun to check it out. Turns out it was the rainiest day of the year, so far, and rained most of the day, but you know that NEVER spoils kids’ fun! Luckily it stopped raining just long enough in the end for the kids to do their egg hunts ;).

Anyway, they had bounce houses and this really cool antique traveling carnival ride, which my son absolutely LOVED!!! He rode it a minimum of 6 times - maybe more. It was 6 or 7 little cards on a pulley in the back of this gated truck. Pulled the kids around and when it got to the curve/turn - whatever - it swung them around really fast. Fun!

Some Additional views:




So obviously the Admit One Stamps were a perfect fit for this LO. I stamped them onto Bristol art paper and colored them in with Copics.

Then added a pretty vintagey crystal brad to the center of the Ferris wheel (I really like these brads!). Next I trimmed the pictures of him inside the ride to 2 & ½ by 2 & ½ and added them to the Polaroid from Lawn Fawn’s Say Cheese Stamps. The tacks are from the Just My Type set (got that idea from the inspirational Kelly Marie!) - I tacked them into the Polaroids by 1st poking a hole with the Tim Holtz Paper Piercer and then slipping the tack into the hole - worked like a charm. Finally I stamped a few of the tickets (also from Admit One) and added a sentiment from Say Cheese Too to one of the Polaroids.
***
The title from the LO was in my head from the very second that I took the pictures. Very Punny ;). I used Basic Grey’s Oliver collection (patterned paper and letter stickers) and traced around the letter stickers with two different Copic Multiliners (I wanted the “THAT’s” and “ANTIQUE ROADSHOW” to really stand out). Then I journaled around the page... for fun with the thicker (0.5) Multiliner. I really love LOVE love how the LO came out! My son loves it too - when I showed it to him this morning, he said “COOL!!! Mom. That was the best ride ever!”.

Anyway, so that’s today’s post. I hope your day is great. Can’t wait for the Blog Hop tomorrow. I’m excited to see what everyone comes up with - and make some new friends! Hope you have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment