"When our eyes see our hands doing the works of out hearts, the circle of creation is completed inside us, the doors of our soul flies open and love steps forth to heal everything in signt"

-- Michael Bridge

Monday, August 16, 2010

Second post today! Woo!!






I thought I'd share a few more layouts I've made within the past two weeks. I do have two children, Christian is 5 and Alivia is 2, but my daughter's scrapbook kind of fell off the radar for a while. I guess I was mentally blocked?!? That is really the only explination I have. When my son was a baby (which is when I got hard-core about scrapbooking) I was only doing scrapbook pages. Before that, I did a scrapbook for my niece, Paige who is now 9 (It's a 3 ring binder with notebook paper, stickers, markers, etc...). I knew nothing about Creating Keepsakes (or any other if the awesome publications out there), blogs, or anything else scrapbooking related, for that matter. I just did what I liked. Now there is so much inspiration out there - that my daughters scrapbook is vastly different from my sons...definately different from my nieces...anyway... So, over the past year, I started stamping (I THINK I'VE GONE TO THE BAD PLACE WITH STAMPING), making cards, making a ton of mini books, and gifting all kinds of craft goodies. This had kept me really busy (and it didnt help that I felt completely OVERWHELMED by the amount of pictures I have printed now that I have 2 kids - and a niece who is with me most of the time). So technically, I was mentally blocked from scrapbook pages! I've started to tackle the stack I've set aside for just my daughter. With my son I had two (really thick) books just for him (of his 1st two years) and then I staretd the "family" scrapbook. It includes EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. With Alivia I "plan" to do a book or 2 of her 1st year only... we'll see how that goes. Anywho! So THAT is why mostly what I'm posting centers around my daughter right now (although several have my son in them).

No comments:

Post a Comment